With the recent Google search engine algorithm updates, duplicate contents get outrank. Google search engine can’t identify which one if the original and which one is the duplicate. Therefore, if the scrappers coping your original contents, it will negatively hurt your entire site ranking. Google like fresh and unique contents.
There are several ways to remove and limit copying our articles from the scrap bloggers. After we identified the copied contents we can submit a DMCA takedown notice to Google search engine. It’s the one of the reliable methods. Once they reviewed our request, they will remove the scrap content from the search result.
Prevent further scrapping your contents is another good option. Because searching, duplicate contents always take time. There are several ways to prevent copying blog contents. Disabling text selection is one of the reliable methods. We can use CSS or Java script for that. In my past experience CSS based method more reliable and work wide range of web browsers (mobile, desktop).
There are several ways to identify the copied contents of your blog. Simple way is copying your post’s contents and search them on Google. Another method is using a plagiarism checker.
How to submit DMCA takedown Request to Google.
- Take a direct URL of the duplicate content. It can be a post, image or a video.
- Go to the “DMCA Dashboard of the Google” in here.
- Next, click on the “Create a new notice” link at the top of the page.
- Under the “Contact Information” submit your personal or your company information, contact email address and country.
- Next in the “Copyright holder, you represent:” choose the “self” option in the dropdown menu.
Under the “YOUR COPYRIGHTED WORK “, we have to submit the original content location
- “Identify and describe the copyrighted work: *”, submit the brief description about the duplicate content. For an instance “my own blog post”.
- Then, next “Where can we see an authorized example of the work?:” Submit the direct URL of your original content.
- Under the “Location of infringing material: *” we have to submit the duplicate content URL.
Check the “SWORN STATEMENTS” check boxes for confirm the above submitted materials are not authorized by the copyright holder, information in this notification is accurate, publishing your submitted contact information in the Chilling Effects project.
- Fill the current date and part of your name as the signature.
- Finally, submit the human verification reCaptcha code
- Click the “Submit” button.
Once submitted the report, it will take one or two weeks to review. We can view the DMCA complaint progress in the DMCA Removal Dashboard in here.
How to disable text selection.
To disable the text selection we can add following CSS code to the theme CSS file.
- In WordPress go to “Appearance> Editor”.
- Under the “Select theme to edit” choose the theme that you’re currently using. If you have a child theme, choose it.
- Then select the “style.css” file. Place the following code before the last } mark.
- Save the changes.
- If you’re using a caching plugin clear the cache files (including the CDN).
- Now your blog posts text are unable to copy, but it’s not negatively affect the SEO.