Every one like to make their Android devices more attractive. Unlike the other mobile OS, all the rooted Android users have extensive customization ability of their device. Normally, if we need to modify the phone, tablet we have to modify the necessary apk files or install a mod or necessary custom ROM. For an instance apply a transparent status bar, the user has to modify the SystemUI. apk file or install its modded apk zip file. In order to do it, user needs proper knowledge about Modding APK files.
Xposed framework is a one of the innovative android app that let the user to extensive customization ability. This free tool support Android 4.0 or later versions. Apart from, it work AOSP ROM as well as stock firmware on any manufacture device. If you are on the stock firmware like to get AOSP based ROM features, this is a good opportunity. Moreover some AOSP ROM has unique features, now we can get all these useful features in different AOSP ROM without switching ROM’s.
Before use it’s better getting some technical details about this frameworks and installer. This application modifies the “/system/bin/app_process” and load JAR files on each system startup. Xposed installer and framework doesn’t do any customizations or modification to your device. It’s just a framework and gives a basic foundation to run Xposed framework’s modules. To start the customization user need to install available different modules using in-app download page.
This tutorial I’m going to show you how to install this framework and download modules. Module configurations easier. Some of the customization options enable CTR animation, customize colours in status bar, make transparent status bar and notification area, enable full screen caller ID, multi window for all the apps, change apps DPI, advanced reboot menu, enable Samsung devices call recording and much more. These customization capabilities are increasing day by day with new modules.
How to install Xposed Framework installer and configure.
- Download the apk file from the official site in here or XDA forum in here.
- Enable unknown source options (Settings>Security) in your device.
- Using a file manager application install the downloaded apk file by tapping on it.
- Once the installation is completed, run the Xposed installer app and grant the super user permission.
- Navigate to the “Framework “. In front of the app_process and XposedBridge.jar it shows a blank.
- Tap on the “Install/Update” button.
- Grant the root access.
- When it shows “Done! Changes will become activated on reboot” installation completed successfully.
- Then tap on the “reboot” button. Now your device will reboot normally.
- Framework installation just completed.
- Next user have to install the available modules to start the customization process.
How to install Xposed modules.
After installing the framework and rebooted the device, user can follow this step.
- Go to “Download” and browse the available modules.
- Tap on the any modules and hit the download button.
- Once the download completed, it automatically request to install. Just like the normal apk file installation, tap on the “install” button.
- Then it shows “Xposed modules not activated” notification. Tap on that notification or just navigate to Xposed installer “Modules”.
- Check each module that you need to activate. Some modules need to reboot the phone, tablet. If it needs, it once activated it will notify.
- Next tap on the activated modules to start the configuration. Some Xposed modules not provide a user interface, at that time once they activated it start the service. No need extra configurations. However almost all of them are not like that.
After every ROM update or reinstall, the user has to re-install the Xposed framework. Otherwise it’s not working. After configuring this tool, if your device not bootedup, you can revert back to the normal status. When it installs the framework, it creates a disable Xposed framework flashable zip file on your SD card. By installing that zip file via CWM or TWRP, it will completely remove the Xposed installer and its framework changes on your phone, tablet.