Bluehost is one of the top rated shared hosting service provider out there. They provide cheap (affordable) and reliable hosting solutions for WordPress user. When I’m starting blogging, I have selected Bluehost shared hosting plan . Because they are price is reasonable and provide totally free professional service after the sale via chat, email as well as phone. Apart from that they provide WordPress one click install facility. As a beginner these are really useful. Moreover they have higher up time than other shared hosting competitors.
In this Bluehost WordPress tutorial, I’m going to show you how to automatically install WordPress on Blueshot shared hosting account easily. This tutorial has mainly two parts one click auto install and manual install. If you are a beginner to the self hosting, it’s better follow one click automatic method.
They provide cPanel accounts for all the users with all the necessary features. It’s easier than other solutions. Apart from that some user can see a popular fantastico installer in the cPanel account. In addition to that, they give unlimited disk space, bandwidth and WordPress optimized database and much more.
- Register for a Bluehost shared hosting account $4.95/mo unlimited hosting in here. (Special discount link) or already purchased hosting account. By using this special discount link, you will receive 30% discount selected period.
Pointing domain name DNS records to the Bluehost.
If you purchase domain names from another registrar, before beginning the installation, we have to point the domain name DNS records to your new hosting account provider. Otherwise the automatic installation will not work. Although manual installation can start without pointing DNS, but in order to access your site, after the installation you have to do it. Therefore DNS pointing is a must and it takes several minutes to complete the propagation. However if you purchase the domain name from Bluehost, you don’t need to follow this step.
- Log in to your domain name provider DNS management account.
- Different providers have different steps to edit the DNS. Therefore, carefully follow your provider’s instructions.
- Pointed name server to following name servers.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the propagating. Normally it takes 5 minutes to 1 hour. You can use this tool (in here) to check the propagation progress.
Install WordPress on Bluehost Automatically [ Guide ].
- Once register for an account using above discount link, login to your hosting account using a user name and password.
- Once login success you will redirected to the cPanel account.
- In the cPanel scroll down until you see the “Website Builders” just like the following screenshot.
- Next click “WordPress” link in there.
- Then you will redirected to the mojo market place. Choose the Start button to a brand new install.
- Under the “Select which domain you would like to install to:” choose your domain name. If you added multiple domains you have to select the correct one.
- Then click “Check Domain” button. It’ will take a couple of minutes to verify everything OK to begin the installation.
- The next step is providing a site name, admin user name, password and email address. Click on the “Show advanced options” check box and submit them carefully. Also make sure that you have created an unguessable user name and password to maximize security. Moreover check the terms and conditions check box to continue.
- Finally click on the “Install” button.
- Installation takes several minutes and it will automatically create a database for you. Finally when it shows completed you can login to your site.
- Congratulation you have just installed WordPress on Bluehost shared hosting account.
- Now it’s better check end of this post tutorials to optimize site for best performances.
Above steps video Tutorial.
Manual install WordPress on Bluehost tutorials [ Guide ].
If you are interesting to manually install WP on Bluehost cPanel account, you can follow this tutorial. In the manual method, you have to create a database and a database user. This method little bit longer than the automatic system. I have earlier published how to manual install WordPress using cPanel. You can read that tutorial in here.
Once you have created a site, it’s better read and follow the below tutorials to optimize the site for better security and performances.
- Best Useful WordPress (WP) Plugin for SEO, Social Media, Security.
- Rename WP MySQL database tables prefix easily.
- Rename WP MySQL database and user name.
- Backup WP site to Dropbox, GDrive, Amazon S3 etc Free.
In case if you face any trouble while installing WP you can submit a support ticket or use chat service in their support site. However they are not proving support for site issues. Also I can help you as I can (via this post comment).