With the recent Microsoft Silverlight KB3126036 security update some of the Windows 10 user experience update error as well as you can’t uninstall it. This issue cause by error in your OS registry. With a simple trick we can fix this Windows KB3126036 update error.
Apart from that, when we are trying to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight from control panel, it may request .msi file can’t find or request installation disk. Most of the case you may experience this issue if you updated the PC to latest Windows 10 from an earlier version through Windows Update (Like I did).
In order to fix this error, you have to log-in to your computer using an Administrator account. Because we are going to delete a registry item.
Deleting wrong/incorrect registry key can cause unexpected errors. So follow this tutorial very carefully.
- Press and hold “Control” key on your keyboard and same time right click on the “Windows start” icon.
- Next context menu, click “Run”.
- Type “regedit” without quotes.
- User account control popup window, click “Yes” to continue. IF it request user name and password, type Administrator account login details.
- In Registry Editor, click on “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT”.
- Then under that, navigate to “Installer”. Everything sort according to alphabetical order.
- Next, navigate to “Products”. Under this look for D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100 key.
- Now left panel, under “Product Name” it display “Microsoft Silverlight”. If it’s not, then you have selected a wrong registry key. Like the following screenshot.
- Right click on it and choose “delete”.
- Now you can install Microsoft Silverlight and Windows KB3126036 update error gone.