After an update or upgrade the Android firmware, you can see “Unfortunately Google Play Service has stopped” error. Play Service is a preinstalled app and its important application to run several services on your phone, especially synchronization. If you experience this error regularly, you may encounter synchronization issues. We can easily fix this issue with or without root.
This issue can easily fix by factory reset the device. But it’s a costly method. Because you will lose all the user data and applications. This tutorial I’m going to show, safely fix Google play service keeps stopping error. The first two options can follow anyone, but the final method needs a rooted device.
Fix Unfortunately Google Play Service has stopped Error.
Different manufacture and different Android versions have a different path to access phone apps settings. This is the most common path.
- Go to the “Phone Settings>Apps or Application manager“.
- Tap on “Manage App” or “All apps“.
- Search for “Google Play Service“. If your phone supports dual app, then you can see two apps in here. Tap on the app name.
- Now tap on “Storage“, then the clear cache by tapping on “Clear Cache“.
- After that, reboot the phone.
- Follow the above steps up to step 3.
- Then, on the “Google play service screen” bottom, you can see “Uninstall Update” button, if you have a Samsung phone tap on the top three dote menu and again tap on “Clear update” button.
- Once cleared Play service update, reboot the phone.
For Rooted phone user.
In this step, I’m going to use a third party application uninstallation tool called Titanium Backup. Its free version more than enough for this tutorial. You can use any other root Uninstaller apps.
- Open the Titanium Backup application.
- Tap on the top of the search button and type “Google Play Service” words.
- Then tap on the application name in the search result.
- Next properties window taps on the “uninstall” button.
- The next window chooses “Yes”. Wait until you receive the uninstallation success message.
- Once it’s completed, reboot the phone.
- When the phone/tablet boot-up, you can see the request to install the uninstalled application.
Install Google Play Service app.
- Download the apk file from APK Mirror in here.
- Open any file manager app that you have or use any APK file installer.
- Navigate to the Play service APK saved directory.
- Tap on the apk file and install the app by selecting the “Install” button.
- Once the app installed, reboot the Android device.
Now Google Play services keep stopping error should fix and all Google’s service should run without any issue. If you can’t find a relevant APK file, you can leave a comment and request an apk. Then I can give you the latest version. If you can’t wait, you can manually download any Google Play app apk files to your computer using this free APK downloader app.
You may interesting to read process com.android.phone has stopped the issue. If you still receive unfortunately google has stopped you have to reset the device.