Rarely when we update or upgrade the firmware, ROM you can see “Unfortunately, Google a play Service has stopped” error. Apart from that, if we manually installed Play Service apk we can experience this error. This is not an application specific or previously introduced the process com.android.phone has s
If this is an important application to run Google services, this is not a big issue and it will not cause any issue to the Google apps and its services. Such as synchronization. Though it bothers every time. We can easily fix this issue with root. Because I tested it rooted device.
However, if you have an unrooted device you can factory reset the device to fix this matter. But it’s costly method. Because you will lose all the user data and applications.
In this tutorial, I’m going to use a third party application uninstallation tool called Titanium Backup. Its free version more than enough for this tutorial. You can use any 3rd party app which can uninstall user as well as system apps.
Before starting this tutorial, you have to download and copy the Google Play Service APK file to your Android phone or tablet internal or external memory. Apart from that you should install an apk installer or any file manager application to install that APK file.
Fix Unfortunately, Google play Service has stopped Error.
- Open the Titanium Backup application.
- Tap on the top of the search button and type “Google Play Service” words.
- Then tap on the application name in the search result.
- Next properties window taps on the “uninstall” button.
- The next window choose “Yes”. Wait until you receive the uninstallation success message.
- Once it’s completed, reboot the phone.
- When the phone, tablet boot-up, you can see request to install the uninstalled application.
Install Google Play Service app.
- Open any file manager app that you have or use any APK file installer. If you use a custom ROM, then you can use Gapps zip file. If you don’t have gapps zip file you can follow the below steps.
- Navigate to the Play service APK saved directory.
- Tap on the apk file and install the app by selecting “Install” button.
- Once the app installed, reboot the Android device.
Now your device Unfortunately, Google play Service has stopped should fix and all the Google’s service should run without any issue. If you can’t find a Google Play service APK file, you can leave a comment and request an apk. Then I can give you the latest version. If you can’t wait, you can manually download any Google Play app apk files to your computer using this free APK downloader app.